Ordering Livestock for Courier Delivery
Covid-19 update: Please note that from 13th October 2020, live fish deliveries have been restricted by our couriers to Thursday despatch for Friday arrival only, and will be subject to an additional £5.00 delivery surcharge, see our updated Terms & Conditions linked below.
The last date for shipping live fish this year will be Thursday 5th November, and will then be suspended until January 2021.
Wharf Aquatics has been supplying quality fish to fishkeepers and hobbyists for more than thirty years. We make the health of our fish our top priority and will only supply stock that we believe to be in good condition and fit for shipping.
We would much rather meet you in person, so that you can enjoy browsing our full stock, but we realise it is not always possible for some customers to visit the shop premises in person, and for this reason we decided to make our wide range of
quality fish and inverts available for courier delivery.
Shipping livestock does raise important issues in relation to animal welfare, so our procedures are designed to make sure everything goes smoothly. To assist us with this, we will need certain commitments from you, in particular:
- that you will be present to receive the livestock on the agreed delivery day
- that you have read our full terms and conditions for livestock delivery, available here
- that you can supply a valid email address and contact number for courier notifications and in case of any issue with delivery.
Placing an order
If you wish to place an order for livestock delivery:
- Please contact us to discuss what you would like to order. This can be by phone initially, but we will still need to sort the details in written form, either by email or Facebook, so this is the
preferred method of contact.
- Please supply the delivery address, along with a valid email address and contact number.
- Agree a delivery date - currently we can only ship for Friday arrival.
- Once the order has been finalised, payment can be made by bank transfer, PayPal, or by card over the phone.
- We would advise contacting us well in advance of your preferred shipping day initially, as due to the preparation and careful packing required, we cannot process orders "last minute" before shipping deadlines.
To initiate an order, please contact us by email ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) or via Facebook.