Terms and Conditions
All prices include VAT where applicable. All prices are in Pounds Sterling (£ or GBP).
Your Right to Cancel
Under the new Consumer Contracts Regulations, you have the right to cancel an order and return the goods to us, subject to the following conditions:
- we must be informed in writing of the cancellation within 14 calendar days from the day following the date of receipt of the goods.
- the goods must be unused, in original “as new” condition and in the original packaging.
- the cost of returning the item(s) to us is the responsibility of the customer.
Where goods are returned to us under these conditions, we will issue a refund as soon as possible, and in any case within 14 days.
Please note that certain types of goods cannot be returned under these regulations. This includes any items subject to copyright laws (such as books, magazines, DVDs), perishable goods, and any item supplied custom-made or to customer specifications.
If you need to return goods to us for any reason, please contact us first. Goods received without a copy of the invoice, or where we cannot easily identify the sender or the reason for return, will be treated as abandoned to us.
Items returned as faulty will be repaired, replaced or refunded as appropriate. In the case of certain electrical goods such as pumps/filters, some manufacturers may require us to submit the goods for inspection of any suspected fault. We will inform you as soon as possible if this is the case.
Items found to be damaged on delivery must be reported to us within 24 hours. Please check your order as soon as possible and inform us of any damages. Damaged items will need to be returned to us before a replacement can be despatched.
Delivery is by next working day courier for mainland areas (exc Scottish Highlands), or First Class Royal Mail Recorded Delivery for Scottish Highlands and non-mainland areas. All deliveries will require a signature. Please see the Delivery page for full details.
All guarantees are on a return-to-base basis. Goods purchased are guaranteed for a period of at least one year - longer guarantees may apply where stated. This guarantee does not apply to perishable goods (e.g. fish foods).
This does not affect your statutory rights.
Out of Stock Items
We keep a very large inventory of stock. In the unlikely event of a listed item being out of stock, we will contact you immediately, offering you the choice of an alternative, a refund, or a realistic assessment of when the item will be in stock and ready for dispatch. We will not simply take your money and keep you waiting.
We accept most debit / credit cards, and you can also pay using PayPal
Security and Privacy
All payments are handled by PayPal's PCI compliant security systems. This means that we do not view or store your credit card or account information in any way.
Unlike many other companies on the web and elsewhere, we will NOT disclose, sell, trade, or distribute your personal information in any way. Your information is held in the strictest confidentiality & security, and used only to fulfill your order.
This website does NOT use marketing or targeted cookies to track individual visitors.
- Clicking the “add to cart” button will add required items to your shopping basket, and forward you to the shopping basket screen so that you can view items in your basket and an estimate of delivery costs.
- You can choose to begin the checkout process by clicking the “checkout” button at any time, or continue shopping.
- When you click checkout, you will be transferred to a secure server and asked to enter your name and address details. You will also be given a chance to review and accept our terms and conditions.
- You will then be given a chance to check that your order is correct before entering your payment details and confirming the order.
- After confirming the order, you will see a page acknowledging receipt of your order, which you can print for your records if you wish. A copy will also be sent to the email address you entered during checkout. Please ensure that you enter a valid email address, as this will be used as the primary method of contact. If you do not receive an acknowledgement email, please check your email “junk folder”, as spam filters may sometimes catch these automated emails (especially if you are using free web-based email such as Hotmail, Yahoo, etc).
- A further email will be sent to confirm when your order has been dispatched.
Wherever possible, an image of the product is displayed alongside the product description. Please note that due to changes to the specification by the manufacturer, etc, the image shown may have minor differences, such as colour or packaging differences, to the product supplied, and all images are therefore included for illustration purposes only. Please contact us if you have any concerns regarding exact specifications or appearance.
Ordering Livestock for Courier Delivery
Please note that the above terms and conditions do not apply to the ordering of livestock for courier delivery, which is covered by a separate set of terms and conditions, available as a pdf here or can be supplied by email.